Last October 22, the battle for the Philippine noontime show was once again tested by big events from ABSCBN and GMA Network. Showtime hold its Annual Magpasikat competition and awarding while Eat Bulaga, the longest running noontime variety show in the Philippines aired the famous Kalyeserye wedding starring Alden Richards and Maine Mendoza. The kalyeserye wedding is one of the most anticipated highlights in the Kalyeserye story.
WATCH KALYE SERYE WEDDING HERE with ALDEN RICHARDS and MAINE MENDOZA
A lot of netizens are asking, who won the nationwide ratings between Showtime and Eat Bulaga specifically last saturday October 22?
Actually, the road to the October 22 finale for both shows stemmed from Monday to Friday, Showtime started the suspense from Monday when hosts Billy Crawford and Ryan Bang ended their performance with a Kiss while Eat Bulaga revealed and announced the upcoming wedding for Aldub. Here is the comparative ratings of Showtime and Eat Bulaga last Monday, tuesday and Friday October 21.
October 17: It’s Showtime (18.2%) vs. Eat… Bulaga! (13.1%) / Oh My Mama (10.0%)
October 18: It’s Showtime (18.3%) vs. Eat… Bulaga! (13.2%) / Oh My Mama (10.4%)
October 21: It’s Showtime (18.9%) vs. Eat… Bulaga! (12.2%) / Oh My Mama (9.5%)
After months of reclaiming the number 1 spot on noontime nationwide ratings, Eat Bulaga took over the October 22 survey with a 0.1 lead against competitor Showtime:
October 22:It’s Showtime (Saturday) (18.3%) vs. Eat… Bulaga! (Saturday) (18.4%).
Overall, the weekend of October 22 brought another consistent success from ABSCBN in the following bullets:
1) “FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano” remained as the country’s most watched program, with a national TV rating of 36.4% versus “Encantadia’s” 24.3%.
2) “Pinoy Boyband Superstar” continued to charm viewers as it scored 28.5% last Saturday (Oct 22) and 30.3% last Sunday (Oct 23).
3) The suspense in the 6th eviction night of “Pinoy Big Brother Lucky Season 7” kept viewers at the edge of their seats as it recorded 15.7% versus “Superstar Duets,” which only scored 9.2%.
4) The heartfelt story told in “MMK 25” touched viewers’ hearts and hit 26.5% in national TV ratings, beating “Magpakailanman” that only got 20%.
5) The pilot episode of “Wansapanataym Presents: Holly and Mau” starred by Janella Salvador and Elmo Magalona brought kilig to viewers and topped the list of most watched programs as it scored 30.4% .
Kantar Media uses a nationwide panel size of 2,610 urban and rural homes that represent 100% of the total Philippine TV viewing population, while the other ratings data supplier AGB Nielsen reportedly has 2,000 homes based in urban areas that represent only 57% of the Philippine TV viewing population.