Did you know that as we enter the new decade, the oldest categorized millennials is turning 39 this 2020 and believe it or not, this generation is going to be replaced by a new phase. But who are we kidding, millennial remains to be the most influential, if not most powerful peers since baby boomers lost its grip to technology. Ok, I know it is a debatable topic but let me tell you this, millennial can be very persuasive, attractive and hold my beer, LAZY.
This is why my first article this 2020 is about us! Alright fine, I’m part of the demographic and what better way to indulge you with this swag generation is our ability to find shortcuts in everything we do. In fact, with smartphones in our hand, we can already rule the world. With a couple of powerful clicks, one can totally live a happy, hassle-free and convenient days to live. Here are the 10 smartphone apps millennials must have in their pocket.
- CAROUSELL. OK I know everyone loves shopping. With just few clicks to add to your cart, one can order almost anything and everything. Most of the time, we buy the things we didn’t really need. Look, the operative word here is “NEED”. So, we end up collecting so much stuff and the cycle repeats itself. Well, Carousell is here to help you, an app and web-based solution to sell new and second hand items. I have tried this myself and found a very interesting way to declutter.
- TRAVELOKA. Who loves travelling? Aren’t we all? But what if I tell you, there is an app dedicated to give all of us discounts to hotels and flights more than twice a week? I know there’s a lot and I can totally vouch that I have explored almost all of them haha. But here is TRAVELOKA, a ticketing and hotel booking services online app here in South East Asia and Australia to give us cheap hotel finds and bookings. Who loves 10% and another 20% at the checkout page? You’re welcome!
- INVESTIGRAMS. As we write down our new year’s resolution, one of the hot items in our list is to save, or make some extra moolah. While investing in stocks is less popular and for others, too much numbers, there is one app that might help you understand basic graphs, trends and trade strategies by just monitoring it. I’m talking about Investigrams, an app dedicated to learn Philippine Stock Market using stock screener, real time chart, virtual trading, tutorials, and more. Of course attending some sessions would be helpful but you can kickstart your 2020 with this application.
- LIGHTROOM. Everyone loves photography. In fact, this is why Instagram became one of the most popular app which completed the holy trinity of social media, (FB, TW and IG). But behind a great images are of course, an eye for a subject, good camera and a little help from editing app. I’m talking about the already popular LIGHTROOM. An image manipulation software developed by Adobe Systems for Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and tvOS. It allows importing/saving, viewing, organizing, tagging, editing, and sharing large numbers of digital images. I have been using this to enhance color and lighting of some of my pics to make it more vibrant and dude, the results are lit!
- SWIFTKEYS. Since we are all focus in updating ourselves to what’s going on around through our social media apps, most of us are so invested in typing nonstop, messaging and posting about almost everything. Good thing SWIFTKEYS are here! A virtual keyboard app developed by TouchType for Android and iOS devices. Swiftkey is like your another keyboard source but less boring because there are colors and design to choose from! And did I mention the predictive text that helped me launched a thousand words easier. SWIFTKEYS is the KEY!
- SWOSH. After all in a day’s work, all we want is to get reunited with our comfy bed to rest right? But chores are getting in the way like taking care of our dirty shoes, and our major dilemma particularly bachelors and those living independently in condominiums and pads, is our laundry waiting to be cleaned. Thanks to SWOSH APP! The ONLY laundry pick-up & delivery app in the Philippines with over 250 laundry partners. All you need to do is to book it your preferred pick up and delivery time and youre all set. The next thing you know, you have your clean laundry at the comfort of your home. They are on-time I’m telling you so gotta make sure you have this app.
- PRIME. As we enter the era of video streaming with Netflix leading the pack for years and AppleTV receiving their first Golden Globe nominations, PRIME VIDEO remains to be a wonderful options to great contents. PRIME VIDEO or Amazon Prime Video, is an American Internet video on demand service that is developed, owned, and operated by Amazon. Well, they are actually here for more than a decade now but I glanced upon their content and geez, we are missing so much. From Marvelous Mrs Maisel to This IS US.
- GCASH. While most of the banks found a way to adapt to technology using their online app, GCASH revolutionized the true meaning of cashless life. They cater not only bank transactions but saving for your future, investment, send money to peers, paying bills, shopping and even booking your own movie date. Also, with these transaction, you can actually plant an actual tree and help the environment. I have been tweeting this, GCASH is the future!
- YOUTUBE MUSIC. After Spotify and Apple music tested the water, Google officially enters the music streaming game by launching its own Youtube Music. is a free music streaming service developed by YouTube; it provides a tailored interface for the service oriented towards music streaming, allowing users to browse through songs and music videos on YouTube based on genres, playlists, and recommendations.
- KUMU. As everyone became content creator at the comforts of their home, most of the millennials are now venturing into a income generating hobby through an app. May I introduce you to KUMU, a powerful livestream platform that prioritizes the voices of over 100 million Filipinos around the world. You can get paid by becoming a livestreamer, win cash prizes by playing live game shows, and make money by participating in various promotions run on Kumu. I joined last year and happily joining quizzes and earn some.
See, it is totally the best time to live with these helpful apps not only to manage adulting but enjoying the perks of social media. I know there are a lot of other apps that are preferred but these are the list I have for 2020 and will stay. You can share what’s on your mind through the comment section.
IM ON SOCIAL MEDIA! FOLLOW ME at @rodmagaru