2013 is almost over and here I am again giving you the highest local grossing films of 2013. Although as of this blog time, Call Center Girl by Star Cinema and Skylight Films still showing and is raking good box office sales. Another movie that still in theatre is ‘When Love is Gone’ topbills Alice Dixson. In any case, the list is already done and for 2013, Sarah Geronimo and John Lloyd Cruz’ 3rd installment of their movie is the undisputed runaway winner in terms of sale. The Movie, “It Takes A Man And a Woman” by StarCinema was shown early this year and no one beat the box office receipts. Bea Alonzo proves that she is also one of the Box Office goddess having her 2 movies on TOP 3. Daniel Padilla, Coco Martin, KAthryn Bernardo and Julia Montes movies are also in the list.
Here are the Top 12 Highest Grossing Films of 2013. My summary in time for my full coverage of the 2013 Metro Manila Film Festival.
1. It Takes A Man And A Woman (Sarah Geronimo and John Lloyd Cruz)
- 2. Four Sisters and A Wedding (Angel Locsin, Bea Alonzo, Shaina Magdayao, Toni Gonzaga and Enchong Dee)
- 3. She’s The One (Bea Alonzo, Dingdong Dantes and Enrique Gil)
- 4. Bakit Hindi Ka Crush Ng Crush Mo (Xian Lim and Kim Chiu)
- 5. BROMANCE (Zanjoe Marudo)
- 6. A Moment in Time (Coco Martin and Julia Montes)
- 7. Must Be Love (Daniel Padilla and Kathrn Bernardo)
- 8. Momzillas (Eugene Domingo and Maricel Soriano)
- 9. Call Center Girl (Pokwang)
- 10. Kung Fu Divas (Aiai Delas Alas and Marian Rivera)
- 11. Status: Its Complicated (Maja Salvador, Solenn Heussaff, Paulo Avelino, Jake Cuenca)
- 12. TUHOG (Enchong Dee, Eugene Domingo, Jake Cuenca)
- 13. My Lady Boss (Marian Rivera. Richard Gutierrez)
This year, Enchong Dee and Jake Cuenca made the most number of movies and their projects made it to the list. 90 percent of the movies were made or distributed by Star Cinema and Most of the artists in this list are 90% stars of ABSCBN. 2 movies of Marian Rivera also made it into this list. Sarah Geronimo’s lone movie for this year is the highest grossing film opposite John Lloyd Cruz. This is the best year for the local movie industry. Internationally acclaimed movie of Piolo Pascual and Gerald Anderson, ON THE JOB ranked 16th.
Some of the notable lowest grossing films for this year are Alagwa and Rakiteros. The lowest, however is the internationally recognized movie, METRO MANILA. Although this is not directly sold commercially, it grosses only around 15 thousand US Dollars in the Box Office.
Come Metro Manila Film Festival starting December 25, expect the movement of this list but I will try to make a separate ranking for them.