Awards night will be on December 27!
The 38th Metro Manila Film Festival in December 2012 aspires to field Filipino films that promote creativity, cultural or historical value, and commercial viability.
The official EIGHT (8) MMFF ENTRIES are the following and their respective FLOATS:
- “THY WOMB” (SINAPUPUNAN) by Centerstage Productions — Nora Aunor, Bembol Roco, Mercedes Cabral, and Lovi Poe (drama), directed by Brillante Mendoza.
- “ONE MORE TRY” (Star Cinema and Viva Films) — Dingdong Dantes, Angel Locsin, Zanjoe Marudo, and Angelica Panganiban (romantic drama), directed by Ruel Bayani.
- “SI AGIMAT, SI ENTENG KABISOTE, AND ME” (Octo Arts Films, M-zet Productions, Imus Productions, APT Entertainment. GMA Films) — Vic Sotto, Ramon “Bong” Revilla, Jr. and Judy Ann Santos (comedy-fantasy), directed by Tony Reyes.
- “EL PRESIDENTE” (Scenema Concept International Inc.) — Jeorge Estregan, Jr (ER Ejercito), Nora Aunor, Christopher de Leon, Cristine Reyes, and Cesar Montano (historical drama), directed by Mark Meily.
- “SISTERAKA” (Star Cinema and Viva Films): Ai-Ai delas Alas, Vice Ganda, and Kris Aquino with DANIEL PADILLA and KATHRYN BERNARDO (comedy) directed by Wenn Deramas.
- “SHAKE, RATTLE, AND ROLL 14” — Lovi Poe, Dennis Trillo, Iza Calzado, etc (horror). Chito Roño is one of its trilogy directors.
- “THE STRANGERS” (Quantum Films) – Enrique Gil, Enchong Dee and Julia Montes (horror), directed by Lawrence Fajardo.
- “SOSSY PROBLEMS” (formerly “Conyo Problems”) (GMA Network Films Inc.): Aljur Abrenica, Mikael Daez, Benjamin Alves, Sollen Heussaf, Isabelle Diaz, Maxene Magalona, and Bianca King (comedy) directed by Andoy Ranay.