We all know that Singer-songwriter Noel Cabangon’s hit Byahe album spawned numerous awards, including the elusive Double Platinum Record Award and a sweep during the 2010 Awit Awards. The album also topped the music charts for 20 weeks.
Today, June 5, Noel showed and gave us a live and soothing performance of his songs under his new album. And after two years, the highly-anticipated follow-up album Tuloy Ang Byahe is all set to be released in a few weeks.
The new collection of OPM’s finest tunes includes songs from icons Smokey Mountain, Leah Navarro, VST and Company, Dulce, APO, Freddie Aguilar, Florante, Rey Valera, Hotdog, Zsa Zsa Padilla, among others.
The album also includes some interesting tracks, personally handpicked by Noel himself.
Before being the multi-platinum recording artist that he is right now, Noel started of as part of the group Buklod (Bukluran Ng Mapagpalayang Musiko) more than two decades ago. His music speak of the many artistic, social and political advocacies he carries as a member of PETA, Dakila, Akbayan, Amnesty International and Greenpeace.
Noel doesn’t just sing purely for entertainment. He believes that his talent is a tool to generate awareness on just about any issue, may it be political, environmental or social. Respected by his peers and revered by the new generation of rock musicians, Noel is recognized as one of the most influential figures in the Pinoy music scene, in fact one of his past hits with Buklod,Tatsulok was covered by Bamboo.
1. Tuwing Umuulan at Kapiling Ka (originally sung by Basil Valdez)
2. Anak (originally sung by Freddie Aguilar)
3. Kahit Na (originally sung by Zsa Zsa Padilla)
4. Kailan (originally sung by Smokey Mountain)
5. Malayo Pa Ang Umaga (originally sung by Rey Valera)
6. Ikaw Lang Ang Aking Mahal (originally sung by VST & Company)
7. Usahay (Visayan Folk Song)
8. Huwag Mong Sabihin
9. Sika Laeng Iti Biag
10. Paano (originally sung by Dulce)
11. Lagi Na Lang (originally sung by Leah Navarro)
12. Iduyan Mo (originally sung by Basil Valdez)
13. Pumapatak ang Ulan (originally sung by APO Hiking Society)
14. Manila with GLOC-9 (originally sung by Hotdog)
15. Joey’s Theme (Umaga Na Naman)(originally sung by Christopher De Leon) From the Mike De Leon film “Kung Mangarap Ka’t Magising”
16. Handog (originally sung by Florante)
FOLLOW NOEL CABANGON: