Every family is different. It’s why Netflix is investing in a wide variety of kids and family films and TV shows from all over the world – including award-winning animated films like Klaus, series such as Mighty Little Bheem and interactive shows like Carmen Sandiego: To Steal or Not to Steal.
As a subscriber of Netflix for years now, I was able to share these subscription to my families and we added one profile for my nephew. While he is as smart as we expected him to be, the availability of content in Netflix can still be managed by having few Parental Controls.
This is why Netflix also give parents the controls they need to make the right decisions for their families. Today Netflix is updating and improving those controls, based on feedback from its members. Parents can now:
- PIN protect individual profiles to prevent kids using them;
- Tailor their kids Netflix experience by filtering out titles that are not appropriate for their age. They’ve built these filters using country ratings so they are more intuitive;
- Remove individual series or films by title. When this filter is used, the blocked title(s) won’t show up anywhere in that profile.
- Easily review each profile’s setting using the “Profile and Parental Controls” hub within account settings;
- See what their kids have been watching within the profile created for them; and
- Turn off auto play of episodes in kids profiles.
For me this a very important development in the history of streaming because it gives more control in terms of managing the kind of content you are providing at your own home. Here is where I manage my profiles and that includes one account for kids.
Everyone can now add these new, improved controls to their profile by going to account settings on our mobile or laptop.
Here are some of the popular Kids and Family titles that are currently available on the platform:
Younger Audiences (preschool <7)
Go Karts Trailer
For older audiences
The Letter for the King Trailer
Greenhouse Academy Trailer
Pup Academy Trailer
Lost in Space Trailer
Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back – Evolution Trailer
Choice and control have always been important for our members, especially parents. We hope that these additional controls will help parents make the right choices for their families. Goodjob Netflix!
IM ON SOCIAL MEDIA! FOLLOW ME at @rodmagaru