Once in a while we all look for the job and online has always been the best source of opportunity nowadays. So Im sharing you the 10 Best Tips for Jobhunting Online
1. Search every day. New positions are uploaded on job sites like JobStreet.com daily, and being the first to respond has its advantages. But don’t ignore old postings, either. Some dated postings may be hard-to-fill jobs that you could be qualified for.
2. Do online research too. Complement your online search by finding out more about the companies you’re applying with. The information you gain can be helpful when you’re called to interview.
3. Make your resume acceptable online. Many companies ask applicants to submit an electronically formatted resume by providing an online form. Be sure to fill in all the required blanks. Without the information he needs, an employer is less likely to take your application seriously.
4. Use key words. Since a single ad can receive numerous applications, some employers activate an automated screening system to weed out unqualified applicants and save time. Be sure to put in relevant key words to raise your chances of getting pass these filters.
5. Use the cut-and-paste format. It’s better to send a resume (in plain text format) as part of the message body. With viruses crawling all over cyberspace, most employers have second thoughts about opening attachments.
6. Focus your search. Don’t submit resumes for different positions with one employer. Worse, don’t blast copies of a general resume to as many firms as possible. Target your job hunting: Be sure you meet the job’s requirements and that you customize resume contents to the particular position.
7. Avoid using office facilities. Remember that employers have the means to track Internet use. You may be violating your employer’s computer and Internet acceptable use policy and revealing to them that you are job hunting. Neither should you job-hunt during office hours, even if it’s lunch break.
9. Make a good first impression. Be professional: Don’t send a resume that’s hard on the eye or use a cute, weird or funny e-mail address.
10. Don’t just wait. Searching online is undeniably fast and easy, but it doesn’t guarantee you a job. As with traditional job hunting, you still need to work hard to stand above the competition. This means being proactive and following up on your application to catch the employer’s attention.
Thanks to the leading online recruitment company, JOBSTREET for these tip. They are presently covering the employment markets in Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, India, Japan, Vietnam and Thailand. The Group currently services over 60,000 corporate customers and over 9 million jobseekers in its database. JobStreet.com is listed on Main Board of Bursa Malaysia Securities (JOBST).