There’s just a few days left before the much-awaited 2012 MYX Music Awards (MMA) night. That’s why OPM artists, especially the nominees, are now busy preparing for this year’s 70’s-themed evening.
To whom shall this year’s MYX Magna award be bestowed upon? The MYX Magna Award is given annually to honor a music icon’s exemplary contribution to the industry. Who will he or she or they be?
Also gearing up for this historic event are the best-of-the-best musicians across all genres will also perform that night.
What makes this year’s awards night on March 13 (Tuesday) extra special is its first ever live streaming on myxph.com.
The 70s inspiration of the award-giving body this year reflects last year’s emergence of fresh OPM acts and the return to original compositions. That’s why MYX Channel Head Andre Allan Alvarez wants to continue the channel’s legacy, as he aims to jumpstart and support Original Pilipino Music’s new Golden Age.
It can be recalled that the 70’s was the Golden Age of OPM. Now, the MYX Music Awards proudly brings back this colorful era with a series of offerings that every music lover will surely love.
He added that every music and artist—be it rock, pop, R&B, etc.—has its own potential of getting known worldwide.
“As a music channel, MYX takes pride in letting artists perform no matter which network or station they belong to. So long as you’re a performer or a musician, MYX welcomes you, regardless of network affiliation,” Alvarez said.
Meanwhile, voting in the MYX Music Awards 2012 ended last until March 9. Votes from viewers comprise 60% of the score, while the remaining 40 percent, will come from the artists’ votes.
For more information, everyone is encouraged to log-on to www.myxph.com and www.facebook.com/MYX.Philippines and follow @myxphilippines on Twitter.
MYX (SkyCable Channel 23) is available on SkyCable Platinum, SkyCable Gold, SkyCable Silver and over 200 quality cable operators nationwide. For regular updates on the hottest music videos in the country, download the MYX Charts app from the Android Market and install free of charge.