If you’ve been on the internet for the last 16 years, then you’re probably already familiar with Facebook. After all, it’s considered to be one of the sites that started the social networking boom online.
And though it was initially meant for connecting people with each other, its function, purpose, and responsibility have branched out significantly in its years of being active. One of its main attraction points nowadays is its marketing capabilities, particularly advertisements. Obviously, that comes as no surprise since the company is accessible in the majority of the world.
In 2021 alone, Facebook had roughly 2.91 billion monthly users across the globe, Statista reports. And when it comes to ads, the more people there are, the better.
It’s because of this connecting power that Facebook has become a staple for businesses, specifically those that transact or operate online. This is also one of the reasons why it’s a must-offer service for social media management agencies in the Philippines.
For 2022, this will stay the same. Facebook will remain part of the influential social media platforms for advertisements that online businesses or brands can use to make their presence known online.
To help you out, we’ll be curating five Facebook Ad Strategies that will help you succeed this 2022.
● Make Ad Targeting More Personalized
For 2022, simply posting ads isn’t enough anymore. You also have to take into account whether your ads are getting to the people who matter to your brand. After all, if they aren’t reaching the intended audience, then what was the point of it all?
That’s why you should put effort into identifying who you want to impress and target. Luckily, Facebook gives you that opportunity to do just that, specifically with its marketing tool Facebook Pixel. It allows you to set different parameters to narrow down your audience even further, specifically with the Facebook Core Audience feature that lets you specify audiences based on five criteria:
1. Location – allows you to target specific countries, states, provinces, cities, communities, ZIP codes, etc.
2. Demographics – you can use it to set the age, gender, education, job, language, political affiliation, income, relationship status, and more of your target audience.
3. Interests – things that your audience likes to do or is fond of.
4. Behavior – involves users’ digital behavior—purchasing patterns, device usage, network speed, and others.
5. Connections – allows the brand to dictate whether ads are shown to those already connected to their business or whether they want to show ads to those unfamiliar with them to increase brand awareness.
● Use Facebook Custom Audiences to Increase Patrons
Custom Audiences refer to users who are already aware of your brand. This may mean they’ve visited your website before, interacted with your Facebook page or posts, made a purchase, or engaged with your brand in some other way.
You can create it by feeding Facebook information about your existing consumers—one great source would be newsletter subscribers. Facebook then compares this data to its users base and finds similar profiles that you can then use for your ad targeting. There are four types of custom audiences you can create depending on the source of your information:
1. Custom Audiences from customer lists – refers to existing consumers who signed up for your emails, newsletters, and others.
2. Custom Audiences from your website – users who have visited your website. Facebook can match your website visitors to their Facebook profiles.
3. Custom Audiences from your mobile app – users who have interacted with or downloaded your application.
4. Engagement Custom Audiences – people who have already interacted with your brand on Facebook or Instagram – be it watching videos, commenting on posts, leaving likes, sharing, and others.
● Utilize Retargeting Ads
This 2022, developing your relationship with consumers who already know of or have interacted with your brand’s Facebook, Instagram, or e-commerce page will be a thing. After all, if someone is already aware of your business it’ll be easier to nurture your connection with them compared to those who are clueless about what you do.
You can do this by making use of Facebook’s retargeting ads feature, which grants you the ability to target users down to specific actions such as likes on Facebook, specific pages visited, and even products added to the cart.
This ad strategy has a lot of applications, allowing you to retarget ads to people who have:
1. Interacted with your brand’s social pages (Facebook or Instagram)
2. Checked or visited your website
3. Used your mobile application
4. Viewed a product or visited pages on your e-commerce website
5. Checked out products on your website
6. Added a product to their cart
● Expand Your Target Market Through Lookalike Audiences
If you want to expand your brand’s awareness and improve the number of your consumers, Facebook’s lookalike audiences will come in handy.
Lookalike Audiences are based on your existing Custom Audiences. Facebook analyzes the latter and creates a list of users that have similar interests or activities on its social networking site.
You can customize how narrow or broad your lookalike audiences will be. Making it similar to your Custom Audiences, will allow you to target a specific group though it will be smaller. However, allowing a lot of variance between the audiences, your targeting will be much broader.
To step up your advertisement game on Facebook, it’s important that you learn to observe, specifically the competition.
● Observe Your Competitors Using Meta Ad Library
Take the time to see what your ads are up against and what your peers are doing. That way, you are updated on strategies that work and are current.
Fortunately, this is something that Facebook offers readily—through Facebook Ad Library (now called Meta Ad Library). It provides brands with an archive of all the current and past Facebook ads run by any advertiser.
Keep this in mind
While these strategies will certainly help you level up your Facebook Ad game, they won’t be the determining factor in your success. You also have to make sure that the quality of your ads is A+, specifically when it comes to copy and visual appeal.
On top of this, you also have to regularly optimize your ads to maximize their performance and get the best results. Make sure you adjust your ads according to what works and what your audience perceives as ideal.