It’s that time of the year again: Spotify has just launched 2023 Wrapped, and it’s taking over social media with everyone sharing their results. Packed with brand-new interactive features to celebrate their year on Spotify, users can now discover their personalized 2023 Wrapped experience when they open the app or head to Spotify.com/Wrapped.
At a time when the lines between what’s real and what’s not have become blurry, 2023 Wrapped celebrates that one unique space where 574 million Spotify users kept it real—in how they listened.
New user experience celebrating the real you
In addition to revealing your top artists, genres, songs, and podcasts, Spotify has added new features to bring users closer to the heart of their listening.
- Me in 2023 celebrates a streaming habit that defined your listening this year. The experience will reveal one of 12 listening characters that best describes the way you listened on Spotify. Examples include the Shapeshifter (you’re quick to move from one artist to the next), the Luminary (you play light, upbeat music more than others), and the Alchemist (you create your own playlists more than others do).
- Sound Town matches you to a city based on your listening and shared artist affinity. Listening habits are shared in surprising ways across communities around the world, and 2023 Wrapped celebrates that.
Wrapped fan-favorites get a fresher look
Spotify gives Wrapped a look upgrade this year, your favorite data stories are appearing in a refreshed way users haven’t seen before.
- The Top 5 Genres story shows you how your top five music genres stacked up with a new sandwich-inspired design.
- Serving you more than just your favorite artists this year, Top 5 Artists now lets you see the month your listening peaked for each artist – painting a fuller picture of what you were really feeling the entire year and all the moments that made it.
- Fanboys and fangirls are also in for a treat! Get to hear from one of your top artists directly within your personalized wrap via Your Artist Messages. You can then visit the Wrapped feed for video messages from thousands of artists, including Taylor Swift, Jung Kook, Ben & Ben, Shanti Dope, FELIP, and more.
Eligible users can now access their personalized 2023 Wrapped experience exclusively in the Spotify mobile app (iOS and Android) and also, this year, via web view on mobile or Desktop by heading to Spotify.com/Wrapped.
Level up your Wrapped experience
Let Wrapped come to life and share the experience with your buddies and favorite artists!
- Wrapped Feed: Right on your Spotify Home screen, the Wrapped feed is the one-stop shop for all things Wrapped, including the best of editorial playlists, merch from your top artists, concerts near you, and more.
- Turn on Spotify’s AI DJ and let DJ X guide you through your personalized Wrapped – serving up the music you loved this year and sharing commentary about some of your favorite artists, genres, songs and more. The experience will be available for the first week after Wrapped launches.
- This year, you can also invite your friends to create a Blend and tap the ‘2023 Wrapped Top Songs’ filter to combine all of your top songs from this year into one shared playlist.
- Spotify will also bring the Wrapped experience to the Philippines, IRL, with the opening of the Spotify Sari-Sari Store. Here, users can bring their streaming journeys to life. In exchange for your Wrapped results, you can take home exclusive merch that represents your feels this year. You can also get the chance to hear from your favorite podcasters in real life. More surprises are waiting in store for you to discover, and the experience is free for all Spotify users so be sure to visit the space at SM MOA Main Atrium from December 8-10.
Spotify Sari-Sari Store that will bring Wrapped experience in real life
Additionally, Spotify has also launched its Wrapped creator experience for podcasters and artists. With access to their own individualized Wrapped microsite experience, creators can dive into all the ways in which their fans listened this year.
Be sure to check out your Wrapped personalized user experience today and share the receipts of how you listened. Remember, in 2023: Wrapped or it didn’t happen!