We just entered the second quarter of the year and that means our most favorite season has started. Summer brings us opportunities to travel, get connected with friends and enjoy sunsets from different parts of the country. Also, this is the season where great concerts are happening and one of these is the much anticipated arrival of none other than Harry Styles in the Philippines! Writing this feature makes me wanna fast forward to May 1 to finally see it happening before my eyes! This debut concert tour by Harry Styles is for his self-titled debut album. I’ve been listening to this album since it was released and all the tracks are worth listening.
You guys know I love covering great concerts and to be honest, I am equally excited to see Harry Styles just like when I saw Madonna when she visited here. You can read my Rebel heart experience HERE.
Harry Styles kicked off his world tour in San Francisco, consisting of over 80 concerts throughout North America, Europe, Asia, Oceania, and South America until July 2018.
But why is there so much love for Harry Styles from fans and music lovers worldwide? What makes Harry Styles a very unique and charming person? Just some of the questions I first asked when One Direction gained its popularity from their reality show stint. I am sure you have known him since then but for those who want to know more about Harry, I tried writing 12 interesting facts about Styles. Some of these will surprise you the way I was!
- Harry Styles was born in north-east Worcestershire, England in 1994 – the same time Lion King and Forrest Gump premiered! He is 5’10” tall and has size 10 feet. HE. IS. TALLER. THAN. ME!
2. He got discovered on a television show X Factor where he auditioned solo and performed “Isn’t She Lovely”. This was actually the season I was so into X FACTOR. The judges then combined him with four other young male singers to form One Direction.
- Prior to stardom, Harry was a part of the British band called White Eskimo together with his school friends Haydn Morris, Nick Clough and Will Sweeney.
- Aside from performing as a singer, Harry also revealed another talent during an interview on The Late Night Show with James Corden: he juggles! Photo credit to https://www.hollywoodreporter.com
- As a young teenager, his first part-time work was at the W. Mandeville Bakery in Holmes Chapel. This was revealed when they filmed footage for the One Direction Movie, “This Is Us”, back in 2013.
- Harry’s favorite food include sweetcorn and tacos. He hates olives and beetroot but loves bananas. In one of the 1D shows in the US, he dressed up and danced in the stage as one.
- Harry is the one who came up with band name One Direction, which he thought would sound good when The X Factor announcer Peter Dickson read their name out loud on the live shows.
- On June 23, 2016, Billboard reported that Styles signed a recording contract with Columbia Records as a solo artist, the same label behind One Direction.
- Styles was in a relationship with The X Factor presenter Caroline Flack from November 2011 to January 2012, which caused controversy and criticism over their 14-year age gap. Styles also dated singer Taylor Swift from October 2012 to January 2013. Photo credit to https://www.mirror.co.uk
- More Random favorites: Harry’s favorite colors are orange and blue; favorite (non-alcoholic) drink is apple juice; and favorite TV show is Family Guy.
- The first song Harry knew all the words to was ‘The Girl Of My Best Friend’ by Elvis Presley. His musical heroes are The Beatles, Elvis and Coldplay. He said of the Fab Four: “They are absolute icons and an inspiration.”
- Harry makes a brief cameo appearance in Ed Sheeran’s first ‘Drunk’ video. It was filmed backstage at London’s Shepherd’s Bush Empire.
I placed this on my calendar and am counting down the days til May 1! I will not miss this for the world!
Last June 2017, Globe held an exclusive pre-sale registration and its allocated codes were sold out in just 52 seconds! I have known Globe as the premiere presenter of music experiences with hit concerts such as Madonna, The Chainsmokers, Coldplay, and more. Speaking of The Chainsmokers, you can read something about them HERE.
I also wanted to share you one of the most interesting YouTube videos I love watching over and over again. Harry’s amazing vocals freak me out because it’s so good! Watch this.
Harry Styles LIVE on Tour is co-presented by Globe, produced by Live Nation and is promoted by MMI Live. Avid Harry Style fans can also look forward to the Harry Styles Fan Fair later this month where all of us can get a chance to win tickets!
Sway to Harry’s hit singles like the bold and poetic Sign of the Times or the soul-soothing Sweet Creature. Whatever happens, Harry Styles Live On Tour is something you just can’t miss. Don’t forget to check the latest updates from GLOBE in their social media accounts on FB Globe Facebook Page and follow @enjoyglobe on Twitter.